Jan 02, 2017 SOURCE: I want to buy a Cartier lighter but I want to make sure it,s real. How do I look up the serial number? To look up the steel ligter serial number is very. Vintage Cartier gold plated cigarette lighter marked to base, and Swiss made. A vintage gold plated lighter by S.T Dupont of Paris, mid 20th century, number 9279. Cigar lighter, mid 20th century, manufactured Paris with serial #7413DA. How do you look up Cartier serial numbers to make sure the pieces are legit? You can only check up the number in Cartier shop，Or call Cartier for advice.
We run down the biggest red flags on the most commonly counterfeited luxury items: used designer jewelry, namely Cartier watches, Rolex watches, and Tiffany & Co. silver jewelry. Protect yourself from forged items by paying attention to these warning signs.
1. Weight.Cartier watches are produced with high-quality materials and, in turn, are noticeably heavier than a knock-off manufactured with sub-par, lightweight materials.
2. Glass. The face of a Cartier watch is made of scratch-resistant glass to protect it from everyday scrapes and nicks. Therefore, gently-worn, authentic Cartier watches should have virtually no scratches or imperfections on the face. If you’re able to, pour a droplet of water onto the glass; if the water beads instead of smears, the watch is likely authentic.
3. Logo. As you scrutinize the details looking for signs of a forgery, it can be easy to overlook something as obvious as a misspelled logo. Carefully read the logo on the watch face and compare its script typeface to an authentic Cartier logo.
4. Adhesive. Cartier does not use adhesive to affix its parts together. Inspect the edges of your watch to see if there are any traces of glue residue that may indicate this is a fake.
5. Gemstone. A Cartier watch’s crown is set with a gemstone which should be securely placed and not glued into its position.
6. Serial Number. Every Cartier watch has a serial number engraved on the side. To verify the piece’s authenticity, call the manufacturer and cross-reference the listed serial number with Cartier’s official records which should match your watch model.
1. Magnification of Date. If you have a Rolex watch with a date on the front, carefully inspect the date’s magnification. Rolex adds a magnifying glass that enlarges the extremely small date window by about two and a half times. Forged Rolex watches often have fakes with no or a smaller magnification.
2. Ticking Sounds. Rolex watches do not make loud ticking noises. If you hear a standard ticking, the watch is definitely fake.
3. The Case Back. A Rolex with a clear case back is most likely a fake—unless it’s a rare vintage model from the 1930s. There is also no engraving on the exterior of a Rolex, but there is engraving on the interior’s side.
Tiffany & Co. Jewelry
1. Weight.Tiffany & Co. jewelry is heavier than counterfeit pieces which rely on inexpensive (and lighter) materials to recreate Tiffany & Co.’s designs.
2. Soldered Links. If you’re handling a Tiffany & Co. chain bracelet or necklace, study the links which should be soldered and never pinched together. Gaps or unsealed links are a good indication the piece is a fake.
3. Stamps and Engravings. Look for a stamp of “T & Co. 925” or “Tiffany & Co. 925.” The 925 indicates that the piece is sterling silver. Each silver piece should have its own stamp. So, if you have a bracelet with a pendant, the clasp of the bracelet and the pendant should each have the stamp. If not, then your item may be a fake. And double-check for misspellings and that the engraved letters are clear, aligned and evenly spaced.
4. Tiffany Blue Packaging. Tiffany & Co.’s signature “Tiffany Blue” is actually a trademarked color (Pantone PMS Number 1837) and counterfeiters may try to replicate the color without success. Also Tiffany & Co. jewelry comes in a suede cloth bag inside its box. Forged jewelry may be in an inexpensive velvet bag, stamped to look like an authentic bag.
If you have more questions about the authenticity of your watch or fine jewelry, contact a TrueFacet Concierge representative.
Shop the look with authenticated items from TrueFacet!